Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Daughter's Letter To Her Father....

I know I'm a day late on this, but I figured it was better late than never right? ;)
Well, here it goes. *clears throat*

Dear Dad,

My how the years have passed since you first took hold of me in your arms for the first time. A lot has changed since then, and not just by my size. ;)
Since Father's Day is all about showing appreciation to our fathers, I just wanted to reminisce some old memories that we shared together as father and daughter.  

I remember you once told me that you used to sing to me "Hush Little Baby" while rocking me on the porch swing back in our old home. Though I have no memory of you actually doing it, the lyrics of that song still ring in my head whenever I think of them inwardly.

I remember getting upset whenever you left home. I desperately wanted to go with you, and I always ended up getting into trouble for my childish behavior. But still I missed you and probably always will even after you're gone from this earth someday....

I remember back in our old church, after you were done with the church service and were walking down the aisle when the congregation was singing the last phrase of a hymn, I would leave mother's side in the pew and run down the aisle toward
you with open arms. And you welcomed me by picking me up from the ground when I reached you, and carried me down the aisle with you until it was time to shake everyone's hands as they left the sanctuary.
           




As I got older you were always there to help encourage and teach me in the Christian faith. Of course you're not always a perfect father (matter of fact nobody is) but what really sets you apart from most fathers out there is that you'll never leave our family, no matter how hard things can get.

There are men out there who can't handle the responsibility of raising a godly family.
So they'll pack up their things and leave their families behind, giving up on that covenant vow that they promised to uphold and cherish on their wedding day.

Tis' a sad fact for sure, especially for those who don't know or have forsaken God, but you're not like that. In fact you've overcome that temptation! You've proven already that you can bear up under all the responsibility that a godly father needs to support his family.

Not many people can recognize that kind of quality in a godly man, but I do. And that's what really matters to me.

Now that I'm older,(practically an adult really) I still come to you for advice on different things. Things that matter to me the most, and would confidently share them with you because I know that I can trust you with the deepest things that have been pondering in my heart.

So here's to all those years of ministering and disciplining me as a child, because if you hadn't done those things, I wouldn't be the person that I am now. And for that, I thank-you. 

Happy Belated Father's Day, Dad.

Love your first-born daughter,
Marianela (a name that I haven't used in a long time)


Thank-you  Nina for designing my blog for me! Check out her blog to show her some love. ;)

Take care!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

beautiful! I love reading everyone's father's day posts!
Ah-dorable blog design by the way!

Jessica said...

wow!! this new design is amazing. the place really looks great, nela ;)

Kati said...

Aww...what a sweet letter to your daddy! He is blessed to have a daughter like you (and vice versa!)

Kati said...

(And your new blog design looks great! Love it!)